This is one of my favourite creamy pasta sauces. We love it on fresh pasta.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tbsp “no chicken” bouillon powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Dash of Bragg’s amino acids (or soy sauce)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
Fry onion in the oil over medium high heat until translucent. Add the garlic and continue to fry 1 more minute. Add the vegetable broth and let simmer until the liquid is reduced. Remove from heat and put this mixture into a high-power blender.
Add all remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth. Serve over your favourite pasta.